Menu

Anyone have a bread machine recipe that uses honey, not sugar?

I'm looking for a white bread recipe for my bread machine. I want one that includes an egg, and uses honey instead of sugar.

I need to make some bread today, but I'm out of sugar. I have honey, white flour, and yeast. So even if you have a good recipe that doesn't include egg, can you share it? (My family just prefers bread with egg in it, but we're going to be out of bread soon, so I really have to make some either way...)

Can anyone help me?

This is the recipe that I use most:

4 1/2 cup bread flour

1 T Yeast

1 t salt

1 cup warm water

1/4 cup oil

1/4 honey

2 eggs

It will make a large loaf in the machine or you can use the dough setting, remove the dough and make two loaves in bread pans.

I'm gonna try your recipe, but I'll cut it in half so I can just make it in my machine. Thanks!

I'm looking for a white bread recipe for my bread machine. I want one that includes an egg, and uses honey instead of sugar.

I need to make some bread today, but I'm out of sugar. I have honey, white flour, and yeast. So even if you have a good recipe that doesn't include egg, can you share it? (My family just prefers bread with egg in it, but we're going to be out of bread soon, so I really have to make some either way...)

Can anyone help me?

You can use honey as a sub for sugar. The rule is to remove 1/3 cup of liquid from elsewhere in the recipe for every 1 cup of honey used.

Hi

I don't put any sweetening at all in our bread. My recipe is

1-1/2 to 2 tsp yeast

600g flour (if white flour)

400?g/ml water (sorry, am experimenting, will have to check!)

dash of olive oil (maybe a tablespoon?)

The olive oil is not necessary, but I think it helps the bread to keep a little longer. We cut out the salt gradually but don't miss it. Also, apparently a pinch of vitamin c powder helps the bread to rise in warmer weather.

I'll try the egg bread next!

Bye

Miranda