Menu

An Excel question, please, for any EXCEL gurus??

I am just learning Excel and attempting to create a transcript but with much trail and error!

My main question is, how do you get a single page from a "project"? That is the project opens up, I create the transcript and then there are a bunch of empty pages still attached . Does that make sense? I want the trancript to be just one page when I attach it to another file. Any help would be much appreciated. I have so many Excel "hours" in this darn thing already but am stumped by this!

Mary

Thanks for the tip! Would this be the case (somehow) to save only the one page to the desktop or allow me to email just the one page. That's where I get the multiple pages attached and I don't think the schools really want to see all the blank pages.

Many thanks, again!

Mary

Thanks for the tip! Would this be the case (somehow) to save only the one page to the desktop or allow me to email just the one page. That's where I get the multiple pages attached and I don't think the schools really want to see all the blank pages.

Many thanks, again!

Mary

Try this:

Highlight the desired print area, then

File->Print area->Set print area

Or try this:

Edit->GoTo->Special->Select Last Cell->OK

This tells you where the end of your data is. If it's beyond where you want it, select all the extra stuff you want to get rid of and click delete.

Try this:

Highlight the desired print area, then

File->Print area->Set print area

Or try this:

Edit->GoTo->Special->Select Last Cell->OK

This tells you where the end of your data is. If it's beyond where you want it, select all the extra stuff you want to get rid of and click delete.

If this is what you mean, after you select the print area select File then Print Preview. Once that opens, select Setup. In the window that opens, select Fit to 1 page.

HTH-

Mandy

Thanks ladies!

I get the printing part -thanks!

And, now I know how to delete the "sheet 1 etc...thank you very much for that too!

What I still can't figure out is how to get the finished one page transcript "off" the Excel Workbook page and onto my desktop as a saved file w/o the cells from Excel in the background and all the extra space left blank on the worksheet. Does that make any sense? I don't want to print it - I want it as a one-page file on my desktop to send with an email.

Thanks for your patience with me and persistence too.

Mary

Thanks again, ladies! Still trial and error here.

Lovelearnandlive - I would love to be able to copy and paste to WORD but can't seem to figure that out. The formatting must be the snag. Wish I did own Adobe because creating a pdf would be a dram. I am on a Mac and there is some quasi Adobe thing called Pages but can't figure out how to get from Excel to there. Boy, these programs humble you.

readwiththem - I PM'd you. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone's suggestions I am learning more and more about the program. Back to trial and error!

Mary