Menu

If you are doing Classical Conversations for your youngers and no Challenge is....

We've been very blessed with good CC groups for starting on four years now, and I'm hoping to go through at least Challenge II and perhaps beyond. Even though I live in an area with many campuses within an hour's drive, I still could forsee a problem at some point though. Just a few campuses go that far, and of course you never know year-to-year.

If it fell through, I'd probably look at doing Omnibus online through Veritas Press, Latin somewhere online, and then handle the rest myself.

My ds will be in 7th next year and I'm going to see if they'll allow him to stay next year (it will be our 2d year) even tho they'll have Challenge b/c Challenge will have 1st year Latin and he's in his 3d year, and a bit advanced in math and geography as well (their other subjects). One woman at our campus now has her ds sit and do work nearby while his youngers are in Foundations.

Laura

We're enrolled in Ch A and do the Core Four- doing a different math at home. We did 3 years of Latin for Children, so it seemed pointless to have him repeat....in its place, our son is taking a Spanish class nearby that is phenomenal- our older kids all took it , too. I'm pretty convinced he'll do Ch B. Not sure I agree with the reading selections that CC has for Ch I.....so we'll wait and see. It's a matter of prayer already- what to do about high school? Overall- I like the program (I tutored 3 yrs in Foundations and have been impressed with the Challenge program.) and think it gives a great education.

3 of the students in our Ch A just take 2 of the seminars and then go sit with their moms for the rest of the morning in Foundations. It's pretty flexible.