Menu

Selling at a used-curriculum fair next weekend.

If it is a well known curriculum, bring their catalog if you have one. That way, your prices will look good to those browsing.

Brand New, never used: 3/4 of the price new.

Excellent condition, but used: 1/2 the new price.

Negotiable for everything below that. Got any 11th grade stuff?

Antonia, I just want to tell you that you are only the 4th other Antonia I have ever met (including myself).

And just be careful of the pricing. They might even balk at the 3/4 of new price.. For me, it's a matter of getting rid of stuff so I just don't care, over any thing else. I'll haggle with them, but not so much to make them think I'm a bully (that is, when I sell, they are buying). Remember to be quick to point out shipping costs to them when they bring up "but the company has"....

At the one-and-only one I ever went to, all of the buyers were looking for great deals. Most would not pay 3/4 price for anything, and only the most popular curriculums would sell for 1/2 price (even if in great shape). If it's a lot of work to lug things over, I would be especially careful not to overprice because it could mean you have to lug a lot of things back.

I was named for my grandfather Antonio and dad Anthony. I agree, we are rare, but that just makes us special, eh? :D

How funny--- I was named for my Italian Great Grandfather Antonio and my Cuban Grandmother Olga Antonia(in fact, my birth cert said just that for about 6 weeks, then mom had the Olga dropped. I'm beginning to wonder if I actually do fit the Olga name though)....

OK, my great-grandfather was named Anton (Anton Hemza) so I hope I can post a reply here:D!

I just went to a used curriculum sale yesterday. One table was obviously overpriced even though her stuff was in really good condition. If I know I am going to buy something anyway and I find it and it is only a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon I will buy it. If it is something that would just be nice to have then I want it at half price or less:D.

ooh!

my dad's paternal side has charles anton, anton charles, charles anthony, anthony charles..all over the place, lol. they were from Lithuania though.

I only had ONE teacher in school EVER say "hey? is that[last name] Lithuanian?

lol!

My maiden name is Cubino--they automatically think "is that cuban" but the funny thing is, it's actually Italian. :)

Sorry to hijack Antonia... :D