Menu

yet another sequential spelling question

hsmom

It is highly recommended that you start with Book 1. Don't let the "in, pin" page fool you; SS is based on word patterns, not reading level.

Instead of pulling from the same 'family' we did one list (turned the page) and did a second list.

When we tried 2 consecutive lists they did not benefit from the repeated patterns.

An example could be (I don't have the book in front of me)--lesson 16 and lesson 21 on the same day.

It was not unusual for me to schedule one list in the morning and the second list after lunch. My girls actually BEGGED to do more!

This program really helped my girls--they are NOT natural spellers (they take after me!).

Agree with the others..... start with book 1. We did two lessons one right after the other by working out of different parts of the book. In book 1, the patterns change every 10 lessons. Starting in book 2, they change every 5 lessons. We worked like this: lesson #11 immediately followed by #21 on the first day, #12 and #22 on the second day, etc. This worked really well for us. It took us under 5 minutes to do a lesson in book 1, and under 10 minutes to do a lesson in book 2. SS became my dd's favorite subject to start the day with because it went so fast. (She improved a lot with it too.)