Menu

Sheldon's Language Lessons?

Sue G in PA

I found Sheldon's language lessons on Google Books as a free download, both primary and advanced. I say a previous thread about this and most people seemed very pleased with this. It looks really good. Does anybody know the approximate age levels for these? Do they follow PLL and ILL pretty closely? I sold PLL and ILL b/c I didn't care for them that much. Sheldon's looks good...same style but just different enough that it might work. Has anybody used this yet? Reviews? Thanks. I'm looking at using her Primary Lang. Lessons with my 3rd grader.

we used R&S Eng 2 last year (finished it about a month ago) and are using Sheldon's PLL now. I really, really like it. At this point, I'm planning on using only PLL this school year, then picking up R&S English 3 next year when DS is 3rd grade age--but who knows. PLL covers so many different things, and I can pull in more formal grammar if I want--like today, we did an exercise where basically he was using nouns and adjectives, but they didn't use "the terms".

Sheldon's PLL is good--I printed it out and put it in a pronged folder. I've downloaded ILL just in case Google books goes nutty and takes it all away. I dont' trust Google books--

betsy