Menu

tell me the best places around Fort Worth TX to live

Well, I used to live in Grand Prairie, which is right next door to Arlington. South of 20 in Grand Prairie off of Carrier Parkway is the Westshester neighborhoods and they are pretty nice. It was quiet, still close to everything, a few nice parks, and a YMCA. There is also a homeschool store in Duncanville (about a 20 minute drive) that was a great place to visit and get good deals. In Arlington you either want to stay south of 20 or north of 30 (for the most part, there are exceptions). Burleson is not too far from there, and it is a quieter place to live. Several people also commute in from Aledo (about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute drive depending on the traffic) so they can live more in the country. Hope that helps, and please PM me if you have any other questions or ways I can help I can't keep up with the boards. :001_smile: I have not lived in that area for a few years now, but will help in anyway I can.

We recently moved from North Richland Hills. It's a great area! Wonderful new library, lots of homeschoolers, close to Fort Worth, major highways, other nice suburbs like Keller, Grapevine, Hurst, and Southlake. Really central to everything. :)

It was a "Best Places to Live" top 10 city a few years ago, I think.

http://www.nrhtx.com/nrhnews_100bestplaces.aspx

Hurst might be a better choice for proximity to Arlington and FW. They have a nice library, swimming pools, etc.

There's a fantastic homeschool arts program in Fort Worth at the Travis Baptist Church.

http://tafaclasses.com/

Edited by Jami

Is your dh going to be attending seminary? Have you considered seminary housing?

If he's going to be going to sch in FW & working in Arlington, I'd be inclined to live in FW. The people, community, support are unbeatable.

I've never lived in Arlington, but I did my MA there (online from Dallas) while dh was attending classes there & sis was living on campus at UTA. She was fine--I can ask her about it if you want--but Arlington's reputation has always kind-of kept me from looking at houses there. That & I'm a paranoid fruitcake, lol. I know there are beautiful houses there, but in our price range? It's kind-of a question of which ghetto would be friendlier for children. :lol:

I'm in the same boat. We're looking...White Settlement, Benbrook, Keller, Saginaw and Arcadia Park area. :glare:

But you're lookin' more east than that...

I do have to say...it is a heck of a lot easier to find a house when you don't have the school issue hanging over your head. :001_huh: