Menu

Magic tree House

LadyAberlin

Has anyone used this for their curriculum for history for kindergarten or first grade. My ds is more of a science guy and likes hands on. I found this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Curriculum-Connections-House-Travelers-Grades/dp/1586832816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256240949&sr=8-1

Has anyone used it? Any other ideas to turn the books into a History curriculum?

Thanks,

Heather

it's hard to tell from the description just exactly what it is. A list of MTH books with other books to go along with it?

We use many MTH books as possible as my son enjoys them, and they are right at his reading level, but I wouldn't call them stellar literature and they seem much more of a fun supplement to other stuff.

Well since my son is in kindergarten, I'm not real concerned that they aren't great lit. We read other stuff together that is. It looks like the guide has hand on activities and extra books to read to round it out. I was thinking we'd do the guides that go with the books. I would like some activities though. Is there anywhere that lists the books in historical order?

We use Mystery of History and fun Medieval and Renaissance literature is hard to find for young readers. I have used MTH books with my boys and have listened to some on audio book. I don't really care for the witches and magic -- we talk that through. But it is fun for them to pretend and imagine going back in time. We also used it for science when we were talking about biomes and ecosystems. My boys' interest in reading really took off with these books.