Menu

Inverseof other thread? : One from group singled out for scolding.

And it was my boy, the super shy one who just started high school.

There was a substitute for math class. Class was acting like they normally do with regular teacher...talking/laughing to each other while they are doing work. The sub asks is this how it normally is during class. Everyone is saying yes. My son says "It's craaazy." I guess this made the sub angry and he started telling DS about maturity, class behavior, etc.

My ds is a nervous laugher. He especially laughs when he is getting yelled at. DS started smiling once the guy started scolding him & as it went on started laughing.

(Parenthetical story...This Canadian power skating guru was once yelling at the group for lack of effort & Jack started laughing. She yelled at him directly "You don't laugh when I yell at you." I guess he about wet his pants in fear and laughed more, horrifying himself, and she skated over, grabbed his stick & threw it to the other side of the rink. He told me as he skated over to get his stick, he was so afraid he thought he was going to throw up yet he couldn't stop laughing...)

Well, that about sent the sub over the edge & he said he wanted to see DS after school. He read him the riot act about maturity, etc. DS was in tears as he told me about it. He said, "You know how I laugh when I don't want to."

When the math teacher came back, I guess the class spoke up for Jack & said that Jack wasn't doing anything differently than the rest of the class.

The math teacher is really an easy-going, fun guy so hopefully he won't think Jack is a problem child.

I do that. I've bitten the inside of my cheek bloody to keep from doing that. :( It's tough, other than the rubber band around the wrist thing, or biting his cheek/tongue, I don't have any advice.

Sometimes, explaining it helps, of course the sub isn't going to be around enough for it to matter (hopefully), but if it turns out they keep coming back, perhaps you could teach them how to treat other people.