Menu

We're visiting Michigan/Royal Oak...need restaurant recommendation

Hi RO'ers....

We are on a vacation visiting with my sister and her family in Royal Oak. My husband and I used to live in Flint years ago before my sister and her family moved to RO and this is our first time back in over 12 years to visit! It's a 13 hour drive from where we live in the s.e.

We will be spending 3 nights (T, W <today> and maybe TH) with them. As a thank you we'd like to take them out to dinner or lunch. Do you have a few recommendations for reasonably priced menus?

Here's the dilemma:

Our income level is much lower than my sister's. They have a beautiful house and "things". We just can't afford $200.00 for dinner for 6 people. But, I'd like something other than a "burger" place.

For 4 adults, my 10 yo I'd like to keep the cost around $60.00 if possible. That's still much less than what we'd spend on a hotel. My 25 yo neice may be working so I don't know if she'd join us or not.

OK...........suggestions?????

Thanks. Sheryl <><

Need this info immediately if possible!

Edited by sheryl
supposed to read $80.00

I did a search online to jog my memory of restaurants in RO so although I haven't personally eaten at these, they are well-known names in the area. I've heard others that have enjoyed these restaurants. Also, you might want to search online for menu prices and let your friends pick from 2 or 3 choices -

Mongolian Barbeque

Peking House

Andiamo Osteria

Noodles & Company

Red Lobster

Hope you have a great time visiting RO/MI and enjoy your dinner out. :)

Edited by lejardin
wording