Menu

Great Advent series is available again!

ConnieB

Thought I'd pass on this email I got today....we are lucky to have the original books from several years ago, but I know every year since they went out of print that many people have lamented not having a copy....

BARTHOLOMEW'S PASSAGE REISSUED!

After years of waiting, and literally hundreds of letters, emails, and phone calls from fans, we're thrilled to report that Bartholomew's Passage is once again available for purchase!

Kregel Publications (Kregel.com) just re-released the book, and you can buy it there, at Amazon.com, or order it through your local bookstore.

HELP US PASS THE WORD... that Bart is Back!

Jotham's Journey was re-issued last year, and is also available. And we're happy to announce that Arnold just signed the contract for Tabitha's Travels to be released again next year.

Thanks to all of you who have waited so long and so patiently! Order soon -- Advent is just a few weeks away!

For more details and other books by Arnold Ytreeide visit JothamsJourney.com

Can you tell me some more about the books?

It's a series of three books....the first is Jotham's Journey, then Bartholmew's Passage and last is Tabitha's Travels (which won't be reprinted until next year, the other two are available on Amazon and probably other book stores. You do NOT need all three books at once, so wait and get Tabitha after it's reprinted, as used are going for ridiculously high prices!)

Each book is divided into chapters to be read one per night throughout Advent. Amazon tells it better than I can:

In this widely popular, exciting story for the advent season, readers follow ten-year-old Jotham across Israel as he searches for his family. Though he faces thieves, robbers, and kidnappers, Jotham also encounters the wise men, shepherds, and innkeepers until at last he finds his way to the Savior born in Bethlehem.

The stories are exciting and engaging and even though we read them every year and we still love hearing them. Each night's reading is maybe 10 minutes, so it's easy to fit it in. There are also suggested devotionals, lighting of the Advent Candles, etc, so you can easily make a nice half hour to hour session each evening if you'd like.

Amazon has the "see inside" for Jotham so you can read a page or two to get a feel for the style.

We did Jotham last yr with dd9 and ds6 and they LOVED it! It was one of the highlights of our season. And it was easy to fit it in-short selections that leave them hanging at the end, looking forward to the next day!

We did it along with a very simple Jesse Tree and it really made the season so much more meaningful.

Looking forward to Bartholomew this year!

Are these books Catholic-friendly?

Sorry, I'm not Catholic, so I have no clue what Catholic-friendly means....they are most definitely Christian as their entire focus is on the Biblical times of Jesus' birth.

There is an "all about us" section on the website that says this about the author's theology:

"I believe absolutely in the selfless, self-giving love of a creator God as the foundation of the universe, and in the example of Jesus Christ His Son as the model and goal for our own lives. I believe we could enjoy the benefits of Heaven on earth today if only we could grasp the depth and sufficiency of that love, and reflect this selfless love in our attitudes and actions towards others. I stand with Martin Luther's 'Justification by Faith,' and with John Wesley when he writes that Love is, '...the attribute that sheds an amiable glory on all (God's) other perfections.'"

If that doesn't help, you might write to the author and ask him....he does appear to answer questions from readers on his website.

Or, perhaps a Catholic on this board has read the books and can more precisely answer you.

And we're happy to announce that Arnold just signed the contract for Tabitha's Travels to be released again next year.[/font][/b]

Hooray! I've been looking for that one. Isn't it the Easter one? Ill have to check their website to see when it's to be issued.

My son had just turned 13 last year and still really enjoyed Jotham and was so glad to see I got Bartholomew for this year. There is lots of drama and danger and excitement, and underneath... you start to realize the gathering of people and events are going to lead to an amazing birth!

Note that there is definitely a "bad guy" so not sure if really littles would be ready for this amount of "realism" - tho some might be.

(And no, I can't imagine it would matter whether protestant or catholic at this point in Christ's life?!)

Julie

Hooray! I've been looking for that one. Isn't it the Easter one? Ill have to check their website to see when it's to be issued.

My son had just turned 13 last year and still really enjoyed Jotham and was so glad to see I got Bartholomew for this year. There is lots of drama and danger and excitement, and underneath... you start to realize the gathering of people and events are going to lead to an amazing birth!

Note that there is definitely a "bad guy" so not sure if really littles would be ready for this amount of "realism" - tho some might be.

(And no, I can't imagine it would matter whether protestant or catholic at this point in Christ's life?!)

Julie

No, Jotham, Batholmew and Tabitha are the Advent Trilogy. The Easter one has been delayed yet again....it's called Mystery of the Temple Court and takes place 30 years after Jotham, starring Jotham's son! I have lost count on how many times it's supposed to have been released, but the latest on the website says "Winter 2009/2010".

No, Jotham, Batholmew and Tabitha are the Advent Trilogy. The Easter one has been delayed yet again....it's called Mystery of the Temple Court and takes place 30 years after Jotham, starring Jotham's son! I have lost count on how many times it's supposed to have been released, but the latest on the website says "Winter 2009/2010".

Ah, thanks. Something to look forward to, I guess :)