Menu

Just found out my favorite vit has sucralose

I started using GNC ultra mega for women. I feel better on these and I thought I would continue using them. However, this morning I discover they have sucralose. I personally avoid all forms of artificial sweetener. It is disturbing to me that I product I take for health has that ingredient.

So, should I say "It's only a small amount, don't worry."

or, "NO, it is a potentially harmful substance and speaks to the integrity of the company, don't use it"

I grabbed a new bottle of chewable Vit C (brand I've used in the past) last weekend at the store. The day I started taking it I began having terrible headaches...one day I missed a tab and felt great... Friday I popped another and within an hour had a headache--it dawned on me to read the lable and sure enough it now has sucralose...

I have $1,000,000 of medical bills due to aspartame--and while sucralose has not put me in the hospital--I'm one of MANY who get terrible headaches with even the smallest amount of the stuff. This side effect is very common and well documented... the only test that the FDA ran on the stuff was a 3 day TASTE test...

Sucralose, like aspartame, is not expelled by your body. Your body sees it as a toxin and envelopes it (it is not digested). This stuff gets stored in your fat cells--and if you ever have a dramatic weight loss expect to pay the price like I did!

I'm still furious that REGULAR NON-SUGAR FREE gum has aspartame or sucralose in it...I miss my gum!

Jann, funny you should mention the headaches. I have had regular, "low grade" headaches for about a month. The type where I have one everyday but it is not terrible enough to cancel things. I started taking tylenol last week for them. I thought it was due to ragweed/golden rod allergy or life in general when you're 47. I ran out of my vitamins last weekend. I stopped having headaches. I haven't had a headache for 3 days now. There must be a correlation. I miss the energy from the vitamins, but it is not worth the headache!

Do you have a multi you like??