Menu

Uh. Shower curtain question.

I've always done the stinky liner and my cool world map curtain. Well, I'd like a branch out a bit. I want to move the world map to the girls' bathroom and get one of those washable ones. I'm a little confused, though. I see all these ones that say washable and that are waterproof. Can I really just put this thing on and take it off once a week or so and wash it, and it's clean? Really?

I loathe cleaning the stinky one and if I could just remove and wash one, well, that would really make me happy. I looked online at the hookless ones, but they are rather boring (and expensive), but I see tons of pretty ones that have hooks.

Anyone have any experience with these?

I only have to wash mine once a month and it they come out looking brand new. Once I waited more than a month and it they didn't come out completely clean. I put them in the washer a 2nd time (before drying them) and they came out fine. Saves a lot of work and money. With the cheap ones I had to replace them several times a year.

I have a fabric liner behind the pretty curtain. The fabric liner works just fine, and yes, I can take it out and wash it. I never have to wash the pretty curtain. I like having two layers of "fabric" for the bathtub; it just looks more finished or something, KWIM?

You guys are makin' my evening (or midnight rather). I hate cleaning the bathroom and I hate the stupid liner and this is all making me very happy.

happymom: With all the conditioner we use, I may do it a little sooner than a month, but I was thinking y'all were gonna tell me twice a week. In which case, I'd forget.

Ellie: Currently we have the clear liner and another clear "curtain" We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Round Rock last weekend and wanted to steal their curtain, but since my husband works for that company, he didn't think it was a good idea.:001_smile: Our bathroom is so small that I really liked the idea of the how little room the curtain took up. If I could find me a pretty blue one, though, it would go great with my other one.

So yeah, shower curtains are clearly exciting to me. Tomorrow I'm going to post about sofa cushion covers. Seriously.

Ellie: Currently we have the clear liner and another clear "curtain" We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Round Rock last weekend and wanted to steal their curtain, but since my husband works for that company, he didn't think it was a good idea.:001_smile: Our bathroom is so small that I really liked the idea of the how little room the curtain took up. If I could find me a pretty blue one, though, it would go great with my other one.

If you liked the one at Holiday Inn that much, you know you can buy them right? http://www.hisuitestampa.com/facilities/bath-amenities.php

If you liked the one at Holiday Inn that much, you know you can buy them right? http://www.hisuitestampa.com/facilities/bath-amenities.php

Well. I just texted dh at work about this. He already knew about this, but said he didn't want me to consider spending $45 on a shower curtain, so he didn't tell me. :tongue_smilie: