Menu

Keva Planks--lots of questions--age mostly.

At what age are children able to really use and enjoy Keva Planks?

My kids are 4 and 7, and the kids in the picture on the Keva Planks website look older than that. The examples of the structures built also seem sophisticated for a 4 and 7 yo.

Is it worth getting them now, or should we wait until the kids are older?

What things do your kids make with them?

I've taken my KEVA planks to our local Co-op group for game time. Kids from ages 3 and up FLOCK to them and play with them endlessly. It truly is a toy that can be enjoyed by kids and adults. You don't have to build elaborate structures. The younger kids can start by stacking the blocks and building simple patterns. It's amazing what they come up with when they use their imagination.

My 2 littles are 4 & 6 and they love ours. My 6yo dd builds apartments and towers with them. My dh calls them Japanese apartments because they have slots to horisontally slide in the polly pockets my in-laws insist on buying for her. My 4yo ds builds forts and stations. Of course he also likes playing Godzilla with dds apartments.

Amber in SJ

My dh and I build the elaborate structures pictured on the box.

The boys (4, 6, 8) are too busy making them into racetracks, houses for their Lego guys, making a parking garage for the Hot Wheels, building stairs, walls, bridges, adding decoration to their marble maze, creating a path to the treasure, spelling their names on the floor....

They get a little irritated when we swipe their blocks so we can build the cool stuff. ;)

Cat