Menu

H1N1 interesting thing at our Ped. Office...

I found out this week that my kids ped. office won't be carrying the H1N1 vaccine.

Interesting. They are very into the whole normal flu shot thing and not happy with alternate vaccine schedules. They would have to have some serious reservations about this one to not give it.

Did they tell you why? I think some communities are arranging mass vax clinics (public health dept and schools) instead of private clinics.

I found out this week that my kids ped. office won't be carrying the H1N1 vaccine.

Interesting. They are very into the whole normal flu shot thing and not happy with alternate vaccine schedules. They would have to have some serious reservations about this one to not give it.

Around here there is not enough H1N1 vaccine for all doctor's offices to carry it. Each county only has 1 location that can give the H1N1 vaccine. Larger, more populated cities are the only places that have multiple locations for getting the H1N1 vaccine.

Did they tell you why? I think some communities are arranging mass vax clinics (public health dept and schools) instead of private clinics.

This is what our community is doing. Of course H1N1 has hit our area hard, so most people won't need the vax anyway. Our ped has no reservations about the vax, but he won't have any either because of the community clinics (targeting schools) and the fact that many people in our area have had it.

My dh is a pediatrician and he is not offering the H1N1 vaccine for two reasons: the swine flu has been in our area for 2 mos now and should be winding down soon. We've had no severe cases, nothing life threatening. He also doesn't trust it due to the side effects of the 1st swine flu vaccine (although I think that was a live virus vaccine which is different). He also does not like to over vaccinate and since the the swine flu is hopefully winding down here, he doesn't think it's needed. If someone wanted/needed the vaccine, then he would arrange for them to get it.

He does have and offers the regular flu vaccine. The schools have it also.