Menu

I'm so proud of my shy guy!

Of course, I can't tell him that. My 11yo is really shy. He loves to hang out but never makes the first move to initiate a friendship. He's been really lonely for the past several months since we moved. Well, this afternoon he finally got up the nerve and rode his bike down to say hello to a family that just moved into the neighborhood! I'm really, really happy for him. He came home with a triumphant smile on his face and related every detail of the encounter to me! I know some of you here can relate to my joy this afternoon.

:party:

When I was about 13, and lamenting my shyness, my brother brusquely told me "few can afford the luxury of being shy". This was incomprehensible to me, as it was a curse not a luxury. I have since learned most people are shy about something, and while you do meet the occasional rude person, most people are not monsters. That silly quote has run through my mind 100's of times, usually just before I hitch up my knickers and go say "Hi, I'm so and so".

Of course, I can't tell him that. My 11yo is really shy. He loves to hang out but never makes the first move to initiate a friendship. He's been really lonely for the past several months since we moved. Well, this afternoon he finally got up the nerve and rode his bike down to say hello to a family that just moved into the neighborhood! I'm really, really happy for him. He came home with a triumphant smile on his face and related every detail of the encounter to me! I know some of you here can relate to my joy this afternoon.

Oh bless him!! That's great! I'm so proud of him! :)