Menu

Nutrition book or website for teens

I am looking for more "alternative" type nutritional information rather than the standard government official recommendations. Something I might write myself but haven't- something another natural therapy type person has already written for teens. Is there anything like that out there?

My dd15 is interested - I am always teaching my kids stuff around nutrition and healthy eating but I do get a lot of eye rolling- I am looking for something that is not too technical, but above a child level.

I keep thinking there is a market for a good website or book directed to teens that teaches about healthy eating, cooking, and also other healing modalities, herbs etc. I would like to find it already done though.

Any ideas?

thanks

No, but I'll buy it when you write it.

Is there anything in the Eden Seeds catalogue? I'm sure I've not seen a nice tidy volume like you are looking for, but they do have some interesting stuff. For herbalism, you could try the Lochac Gardeners list for Lady Hana, or email someone from Innilgard. She knows heaps and heaps and will be happy to provide info.

Rosie

Ummmm, Nourishing Traditions? Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Healing for Women is a good one for naturally supporting different life stages of women, and addressing some of the common issues with them.

Neither of them are written specifically for teens, but they're interesting and not bogged down in the technical like, say, Nurtitional Herbology.

I'm in the US, though, so not sure about their availability abroad.

Ummmm, Nourishing Traditions? Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Healing for Women is a good one for naturally supporting different life stages of women, and addressing some of the common issues with them.

Neither of them are written specifically for teens, but they're interesting and not bogged down in the technical like, say, Nurtitional Herbology.

I'm in the US, though, so not sure about their availability abroad.

Got both of them...thankyou. I havent really considered going through them- I ll have another look at that.