Menu

Childhood of Famous Americans

LNC

Truthquest schedules this series, and my library has all of the oop ones. But, my 8yo son does not like them! I have so many scheduled for his history silent reading list, but he doesn't like the made up conversations and daily events of their childhoods. He wants to get to their accomplishments. Does anyone have a child who doesn't like these? I'm so surprised bc they are easy reads, and I thought they were engaging as a child. Should I just hand him other easy reader biographies and take these off my list???

My 9 yr dd who loves history and biographies doesn't like this series either. She loves the Who Was... series though. There's not as many of the Who Was as the other books but they're adding new ones all the time. HTH

Same here. My kids never liked any of the COFA books, they say that they are really boring; but we all enjoy the Who Was... series. We have collected every one of them that has been published so far, and I even read them myself. :)

We have read several and son liked them.... we loved Crispus Attucks. It is amazing to see what obstacles they had to overcome in order to be prepared for the greatness that lies ahead of them.... what they experienced, suffered, and saw was preparing them for their fame, fortune, and honors.

DS loves biographies of all kinds, though, while DD just tolerates them. One of my favorite childhood books was a CFA book about Dolly Madison. I even tracked it down on ebay and bought it about a year ago. DH also has good memories of reading them. I wish DD liked them, but oh, well. I'm more bothered by the fact that she doesn't like the Little House books. That's a tragedy!