Menu

Markable Maps ?

woolybear

We have the Sonlight Markable Maps. The dry erase markers (I've tried several different brands) don't easily come off. Unless we wipe them off immediately, I have needed to use something like Soft Scrub to get them clean again.

Any suggestions? This doesn't seem how it should work. Perhaps someone can suggest another brand of dry erase marker?

Thank you.

Woolybear

Yes, the wet erase markers, like vis-a-vis, are the best thing to use on markable maps.

I bought a set (forgot which dealer, not sonlight) and he also said to be certain to use the wet erase kind. He also said that if you leave the dry erase on for too long it could stain the map. Not sure if that would happen with yours though.

We have the Sonlight Markable Maps. The dry erase markers (I've tried several different brands) don't easily come off. Unless we wipe them off immediately, I have needed to use something like Soft Scrub to get them clean again.

Any suggestions? This doesn't seem how it should work. Perhaps someone can suggest another brand of dry erase marker?

Thank you.

Woolybear

I had an older sonlight map that was exactly the same! White toothpaste (like the only kind you used to be able to buy--- just plain "white" toothpaste) will take off all the marks! We read that online and tried it and it works like a charm!:001_smile: