Menu

swine flu? blech

I started feeling poorly and getting worse through the morning. I figured allergies/sensitivities led to a headache that led to some dizziness and nausea and weakness. Then I get a phone call. This little girl we were with yesterday morning has the flu (as does her little brother). The caller didn't think it was "for sure" it was swine flu, but....She told me to take my temperature. It was raised about 3 degrees <sigh> Well, then our volunteer leader (field service overseer for those in the know) calls. They are calling each congregation member as "the P******* children have swine flu." <sigh>

Part of me is still in plenty of denial. However, I am in a risk group. Grrr. Worse for us is that a virus could knock my daughter out of remission as well as her issue making her in a risk group. I keep thinking she's done so well for quite awhile now though that maybe we don't need to worry.

We sent Goo home "early" (we started calling at 12something but mom didn't make it here til like 20 min before school let out). I figured we'd figure out the rest of the week based on how I feel tonight and in the morning.

I'm on Vit D and C (as well as a ton of other things). I don't know what else I can do though I'm thinking of trying something else (already took headache medication) cuz my head hurts so bad.

Good news is that everyone my friend knows who has had swine flu has had a very mild case. So maybe I won't feel any worse than I do now.

We just went through something that maybe was/maybe wasn't swine flu. If it was, it was ridiculously mild in comparison to any other flu I have ever had. No one here, other than dh who has asthma, was in a high risk group, though. My older son was barely sick at all. Younger ds is still coughing some (it has been a week today) and I still have some sinus drainage and such, but overall, really mild. My kids had fever, but I never did and neither did dh. Normally, I would never think "flu" but with swine flu, how could you know??? They say symptoms are different for everyone, so who knows?

Hope you feel better soon and this is just a coincidence. ...

Ds had an illness last week - I am 99% sure it was swine flu. Presented as a low-grade fever for the first five days (higher the last two), headache after a few days, lethargy, and low appetite. I think it had some impact on his bowels, but he has "issues," anyway, so I can't be sure.

Dd2 had a fever last night and isn't nursing as much today, but otherwise has been fine. Dd1 has no symptoms whatsoever. Dh & I are fine. It really has been extraordinarily mild, for whatever reason. I hope you have a similar experience of mildness.

• 7 months later...