Menu

Sharing your testimony...cc

This is probably a dumb question. I have been a Christian for many years, so it seems I should know this... I have been asked to share my testimony tonight at the first meeting of a bible study. We are pretty new friends, and one woman I don't know. The bible study starts in an hour and a half and I was just asked this.

I guess I am feeling self-conscious because I am not sure what to say. The friend that asked me to share is one of those who believes God is just moving and alive in her life even in the smallest things - meatloaf or chicken for dinner? I am not like that. I mean, I seek God's direction through prayer, and seek Godly counsel for major decisions, and certainly I can see how He has worked some things out for good that at the time seemed devastating. Is that what I share? A couple women that will be there are the type that if they see 2 or three motorcycles in one day, that must be God telling them to buy a Harley.:001_huh::lol:

I also have very, very few memories of my childhood, I am just not a good long term memory person. I do remember, that I was saved at age 12, and my dad was too at the same time, and we were baptized on the same Sunday. Beyond that there is not seemingly much to share. No fireworks, no great turnaround from drug addiction or something.

I guess it always seems that when someone shares a testimony they have this great story of their salvation from the pits of despair. I have been blessed with a regular ol' life it seems.

What to do I say?:001_huh:

Yeah, I know it means to share my story. I guess I'm just self conscious because it's not much of a "grand story" I'm a little put out that this friend said "I was going to share mine but I ran out of time to prepare" so she called me!

I have had a bad day, and feel like lately everyone takes and takes and takes from me, so I guess it was a bad time for her to ask one more thing from me. I do need to be careful to not let Satan in to ruin my attitude towards this study and what I can gain from it.

I'm just in a funk that's all. And, typical of me (the pleaser) I should have said "no"...but I didn't.

I'm guessing you are already headed to the meeting or perhaps already there. Wish I'd seen your post earlier. I'll be praying for you. Let us know how it went! I hate to laugh but that is funny, what you've shared about some of the ladies. So many people gloat in their own spirituality, never realizing that that is the exact opposite of the humility that God asks of us. Your heart seems so humble and real. I just know the Lord will use you if you relax! My testimony is pretty "normal", too. It's mine though and no one can take it away from me :001_smile:.

I always kinda feel sorry for the kids who can't remember a time when they didn't believe, and end up doubting their salvation because they don't have some kind of "I was a cocaine-addicted Hell's Angel" testimony. I think there is a lot of danger for believers that comes from the pressure to have a dramatic testimony.

Yeah, I know it means to share my story. I guess I'm just self conscious because it's not much of a "grand story" I'm a little put out that this friend said "I was going to share mine but I ran out of time to prepare" so she called me!

I have had a bad day, and feel like lately everyone takes and takes and takes from me, so I guess it was a bad time for her to ask one more thing from me. I do need to be careful to not let Satan in to ruin my attitude towards this study and what I can gain from it.

I'm just in a funk that's all. And, typical of me (the pleaser) I should have said "no"...but I didn't.

There are many parts to the body and all are necessary and serve a specific purpose. I'll tell you something. I am one of those people who has a "grand story" as you put it and you know what, I WISH I had had a life like yours instead, but I didn't. To me, sharing your testimony is telling what God has done/is doing in your life. God is great even if we are not and it doesn't matter if God parted the seas and opened Heaven to a person and they believed or if a person believed in faith when they heard the simplicity of the Gospel as a child. It is all good. It is all His doing and He loves you just as much as he loves the knuckleheads like me who need to get their butts whipped first before they come to faith. ;) :D If you have been walking with God since you were 12 then you undoubtedly have a testimony of answered prayers and things that He has done. I encourage you to not think any less of yourself or your testimony. It is all good. Shoot just being able to stand up and say "I once was lost but now I'm found I was blind but now I see." is a HUGE testimony to the grace and mercy of God. God bless you sister. I hope it goes well. And if it helps any, pray and dedicate your words to God. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak through you and to tell you the words to say. And don't worry about comparing yourself to another believer. All of our walks are unique and God calls us individually. We cannot all be mouths, or feet, or hands, we are all different parts of one body. And it's all good. :grouphug:

Blessings,

Jennifer

I do remember, that I was saved at age 12, and my dad was too at the same time, and we were baptized on the same Sunday. Beyond that there is not seemingly much to share. No fireworks, no great turnaround from drug addiction or something.

Well, that's a very special testimony right there! I sure wish I could say that about me and my dad.

Donna, still praying for you, are you well?

I'm OK, Amy! Thanks for asking. You are a dear soul. I just know the Lord will use you tonight. I'm not meatloaf or chicken either, but if you were asked to give your testimony, I think it would be safe to assume the Lord has ordained this and He will be with you.