Menu

Dallas area: Something extra fun we can do this afternoon?

Hubby leaves Friday morning. Tomorrow, I have to work all day. I have this afternoon off.

Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor are closed.

We've been to the children's museum and natural history museum a lot.

I want something that just hubby, kids (16 and 14) and I can do that is extra fun.

Has to be TODAY!

HELP?!?!?!

Our favorite thing to visit in Dallas is the Dallas World Aquarium. It is absolutely spectacular and contains much more than just the usual aquarium stuff.

I second that! There is always the Zoo, Dallas Heritage Village, or The DMA or Nasher Sculpture Center if they are into art.

Ooohh... what about that place up in North Dallas where they have go-carts/rock climbing/etc? I forget what it was called, but my dh did his best friends bachellor party there. I can find out the name if you are interested. That was super fun.

ETA: I think this is it:"Mega-Arcade, Go-Karts, Miniature Golf, Laser Tag, and Batting Cages are open every day of the year, including holidays with the exception of Christmas Day!"

http://www.adventurelanding.com/dallas/index.html

Edited by babysparkler

I remember hearing that today was homeschool day at Heritage Village. We weren't going to go, so I didn't pay attention to the times that was going on, though.

Whatever you end up deciding to do, I hope you enjoy your day together. My husband worked out of the country for several years, and then out of the state more recently. I know it's not easy, and I hope the time he is away will pass quickly for y'all :grouphug:

Thanks y'all. We're not totally sure quite yet. Unfortunately, dd and dh are stuck up at the DPS office trying to figure out what to do about dd getting her driver's license. Hubby won't be home for 7 months (even if he visited, it would be on a holiday so the DPS office won't be open), but he is the one who was doing the program with my daughter. They finished the work months ago but dd has just been driving me around and stuff. We weren't in a big hurry for her to get her license and figured that she would push for it when she was ready. So we don't have the certificate from the company showing we finished the program but hubby is here today and tomorrow so will dd have to wait SEVEN MONTHS to get her license? That really isn't best for us.

Anyway, so they are stuck up there trying to figure out if there is some way to change things so she can get it now with hubby there or later without him. And I'm hoping there is a way to do it without it costing us a couple more hundred dollars <sigh>.

But as soon as they get back, we'll decide what to do. I think we're leaning towards that adventure place just because we won't have long enough at the aquarium. The adventure place is EXPENSIVE though. They don't have a pass you can buy to play all day or whatever. You have to pay per thing (and they have a pass that is good for one time on 3 different events). Anyway, so it's just expensive. Oh well. But I think that is where we're heading.

UPDATE: DD is a newly licensed driver. Don't worry, she's better than the majority of people (or else she wouldn't have a license, says ME!).

We're going to Shenanigans in Rockwall. We were looking for something a little more low key (bowling) and found that which still has everything including a neat sounding grill.

Thanks for your help. I do think I'll take the kids (including Gregory) to the aquarium soon. I've wanted to go and a poster gave info on how to get in a bit cheaper. And that one looks REALLY good.

THANKS AGAIN :)