Menu

I ran my first 5k

I didn't get any sleep last night, none (I've been having some insomnia issues lately). But I still ran in our town's 5k. I had a good time, for me, it was 37:50. I did a 4/1 plan, where I ran for 4 minutes and walked for 1. That is the best I've ever done that distance. It was a lot of fun, and I came in 2nd in my age group. If I was just a year older, I would have not been in the top 3. The next age group up had good runners.

My dh ran the 10k, and he had a PR of around 52 minutes (it was just under that). Two of my sons ran the 5k with me. My 7year old ran it in 29 minutes, my 9 year old just beat me. He sprited hard at the end to make sure he beat me. My 11 year old walked it, and had a good time.

It was a fun experience.

Anyone else run a race today?

Congratulations!!!! Good for your entire family! I am truly impressed. Did your kids train?

My three boys and I are running a race on the 19th. The boys are running a 5K and I'm running a 10k. We've been doing a modified Couch to 5K program to get them up to that distance. But, two of my boys are already there and it's only been 3 weeks. One of them runs MUCH faster than I do already. Darn youth.

We've also signed up to run the Disney Family 5K. Dh is running the 5K with the boys on Friday. I'll run the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. That's in January. I hope to instill a love of running in my kids!

Congratulations!!!! Good for your entire family! I am truly impressed. Did your kids train?

My three boys and I are running a race on the 19th. The boys are running a 5K and I'm running a 10k. We've been doing a modified Couch to 5K program to get them up to that distance. But, two of my boys are already there and it's only been 3 weeks. One of them runs MUCH faster than I do already. Darn youth.

We've also signed up to run the Disney Family 5K. Dh is running the 5K with the boys on Friday. I'll run the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. That's in January. I hope to instill a love of running in my kids!

My boys have been practicing for a couple of weeks. Mostly they are just in good shape. They do swim on a team, so they have some basic aerobic ability.

The chance to run at Disney in Jan would probably even get my one dd to run.:D. A trip like that should go a long way in getting your kids to love running! Have fun!