Menu

Drama and Ballet Schools on Oahu

We haven't been involved with community theater here but I know some people who have. Here are a few of the theaters with youth programs that I am aware of:

Hawaii Theater for Youth

Performing Arts Center of Kapolei - I have a friend who homeschools and one of her daughters was heavily involved in this group but just graduated last spring and is off to college.

Diamond Head Theater

Army Community Theater

There are other community theaters, here is a list:

http://www.lcc.hawaii.edu/org/th/taxonomy/term/12679.html

What type of ballet school are you looking for? I know a few girls who take ballet but are not "serious" dancers.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

Thank you so much!! You have just made my son very happy. :D

My daughter has always been as serious about ballet as our geographical location allows. I've been looking into Ballet Hawaii, but I would love to hear about any others!

Again, Mrs. Mungo, thanks!

My daughter takes ballet with DMA on Hickam. The owner can be a bit much but she is based at Kbay. The coordinator on Hickam is wonderful (she is actually my daughters teacher) and a homeschooler.

We looked at Both Ballet Hawaii and Queen Emma but DMA won out because of schedules and convenience.