Menu

Would it be possible to use just the Singapore IP instead of the wkbk?

HappyGrace

This is for remediating an older student, and I'm using Singapore as a supplement. So I don't want to overkill it and do the wkbk AND the IP.

She is a rising 4th grader, and I want to go back to Singapore 2a using the HIG, text and IP. Or would the wkbk be better because it is "scheduled" in the HIG? Would I miss much if we just do the IP? We are working through the 1B IG, and she likes it pretty well-short and sweet, yet gives some extra practice. I think the HIG will be very helpful with the suggestions it gives.

We are also doing CLE math as her main math, but orally, and skipping parts that she knows, like measurement, etc (it has lots of spiral.) She is really weak on math facts and mental math, so I thought supplementing with Singapore may help that.

Absolutely. However, because the IP is structured with the assumption that the entire topic has been covered (there is a sufficient number of questions in the text), I'd recommend going through the entire topic in the text and then working through the relevant section of the IP.

For a non-mathy kid, I would actually prefer the workbook. The IP has a lot of puzzle type problems that didn't suit my older dd--I'll have to try it again with my youngest who is more into that kind of thing. Some of the problems are pretty challenging. The workbook follows the text more exactly which I think would fit better if there is any kind of math frustration going on.