Menu

Help please. When would you switch, and to what?

coralloyd

We've done SL Core K. I started it too soon to keep my girls in the same Core, so we are taking a break from SL (till my youngest dd in ready). I already have Core 1 and will start it next year (don't want to waste money). However, I am thinking after we finish it, I would like to try MFW or WP. Should I think of switching at this point, or would it be better to to go ahead with Core 2, then switch? What program in MFW or WP would you switch to after doing Core 1 and/or Core 2?

Edited by coralloyd

My younger dd did Animals & Their Worlds last year. She was 7 when we started, and it was wonderful. It was a very nice transition for her because she had only "listened in" or tagged along on SL cores before that. I think that one would appeal to a wide age group, and it's not history-based, so you don't have to worry about where you are in your history cycle.

Just based on what we're doing, and the ages of your kids--I would stop now and do MFW Adventures. We too did Core K to keep my boys together, but they aren't ready for Core 1 IMO. Adventures is a little higher than Core K in some ways, similar in others. And it's kind of a stand-alone MFW package--it's before the 5-year cycle.

My boys are absolutely LOVING it. The hands-on and crafts are very do-able. We did 2 WP cores (Ready to Learn and Animals) and they did not click with me at all and I hated the crafts.

Betsy

We've done SL Core K. I started it too soon to keep my girls in the same Core, so we are taking a break from SL (till my youngest dd in ready). I already have Core 1 and will start it next year (don't want to waste money). However, I am thinking after we finish it, I would like to try MFW or WP. Should I think of switching at this point, or would it be better to to go ahead with Core 2, then switch? What program in MFW or WP would you switch to after doing Core 1 and/or Core 2?

Just based on what we're doing, and the ages of your kids--I would stop now and do MFW Adventures. We too did Core K to keep my boys together, but they aren't ready for Core 1 IMO. Adventures is a little higher than Core K in some ways, similar in others. And it's kind of a stand-alone MFW package--it's before the 5-year cycle.

My boys are absolutely LOVING it. The hands-on and crafts are very do-able. We did 2 WP cores (Ready to Learn and Animals) and they did not click with me at all and I hated the crafts.

Betsy

I agree that holding off one year on core 1 with this scenario would be best.