Menu

Has anyone laminated their VP history cards?

I purchased a laminator from WalMart for about $30 and the laminator pouches from Sams Club for $30 for 200. I spent about 2 hours running them through the laminator and cutting them apart. With the laminator pouches you can do two per laminating pouch. It took me about 2 hours and it was pretty easy. I then used a two-hole hole puncher to make the holes and purchased binder rings from the school supply store. Not too difficult and they held up really well with LOTS of use this past year. My girls have more years of Classical Conversations Foundation and I think they will easily last that long.

I purchased a laminator from WalMart for about $30 and the laminator pouches from Sams Club for $30 for 200. I spent about 2 hours running them through the laminator and cutting them apart. With the laminator pouches you can do two per laminating pouch. It took me about 2 hours and it was pretty easy. I then used a two-hole hole puncher to make the holes and purchased binder rings from the school supply store. Not too difficult and they held up really well with LOTS of use this past year. My girls have more years of Classical Conversations Foundation and I think they will easily last that long.

Bingo! I think this is the ticket! Target had the pouches $6/20 (5x7) but that seemed steep since I need 140 of them. $30 for 200 seems like a much better deal, especially if I can get 2 in each one. I don't have a WalMart - do you think Sam's has the laminators?

I took mine to a school supply store (The School Box) and they laminated for me. I opted for convenience (they spent 30 minutes doing it for me while we shopped) and it cost me $16. However, others at my CC group took theirs to a small school supply store and it cost them less than $3 to run them all through themselves.

I punched two holes at the bottom of mine and put rings on them for easy flipping. It has been very convenient.

If you run them yourself at an independent store, you could probably do the whole thing, rings and all, for $5.

I took mine to a school supply store (The School Box) and they laminated for me. I opted for convenience (they spent 30 minutes doing it for me while we shopped) and it cost me $16. However, others at my CC group took theirs to a small school supply store and it cost them less than $3 to run them all through themselves.

I punched two holes at the bottom of mine and put rings on them for easy flipping. It has been very convenient.

If you run them yourself at an independent store, you could probably do the whole thing, rings and all, for $5.

THAT is blowing my brain. :confused: $5 for 140 cards? I would be laminating everything in sight! The cheapest quote I got around here (DC area) is $3/sq ft. It must be some kind of a racket. LOL.

I searched all over Michael's today. The closest I could find were 8x8 pages - nothing for 5x7. The shopping gods were not on my side today - I found nothing I was hunting for!

I have old binders from when I worked; they were storage binders for my Day-Timer pages. They work nicely for VP cards too.

:D

I have mine in an Avery "memo-sized" binder (stocked at Staples, but sometimes you have to ask to find them) and page-protectors (also stocked at Staples). I've been very, very happy with the set-up -- much more so than years ago when I tried to laminate and put the cards on a ring.

I just bought the small page protectors at Staples this week. We have used this approach (with a small binder) for both our Bible and history cards for a couple years and it has kept our cards in great condition in spite of the handling by my two not so careful boys. I was worried the cards would slip out the top if the binders were upturned or put in the cabinet upside down :glare: but it has been a great solution for us.

I too have had the I Love Lucy laminating moments....not fun!

Get the laminator or borrow one:-) It's surprising how many people have them:-) Then, OregonLam.com has the 6x9 pouches. No cutting apart! It's great and they last longer with no cutting.

The ML is thicker than most rolls of lamination, too. These have rounded corners.

The code is IN5RC

You have them in a couple of days. The shipping is a flat $5.95 and I order for everyone in my group. You can ask others if they wanna go in with you:-)

I also purchase rings that pilots use....from Flyboys.com They don't bite your cards when turning them. I actually hole punch in the bottom, since they fall over when practicing.

Carrie:-)