Menu

Walmart Workbooks

While looking around today I noticed their workbooks...I couldn't believe how expensive they were!! For a Pre K workbook (with a variety of activities...about 80 pages worth) was $19.89!! It was a very 'generic' style of book...nothing fancy...Is it just me or does this seem like a bit much??

Everything seems to have shot up 30 % or more. We were in Office Max last night, and I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. I finally left with the erasable blue ink pens I use for grading papers. That was it. I saw things I would have like to have, but prices that have shot up from about 20 bucks to about 30 bucks slowed me down.

I'm happy to say that the vast majority of the kid's school supplies are retreads from last year. I bought only one notebook, though each child uses three. I guess because our notebooks stay in the classroom rather than being dragged around school, they're still in mint condition. We only needed one package of index cards, though hubby bought 5. He claims we stole from his private stash last year. (Well! I never!)

Any how, the prices on everything have me a bit stunned.

Did you look to see if it had a cd in the back?

We just picked some up (my little girl was quite jealous that her big sister got to do schoolwork) and they were only $3-4. I did see some though that were around that price and they each had a cd of activities and games in the back.

Did you look to see if it had a cd in the back?

Cera has a good point here. I've bought several books that had this feature lately. Two of the best were adobe files of every page in a workbook. Talk about reproducible! What a joy. Really and truly, if you're using the book all year, or even better for several children over consecutive years, this is an awesome bargain.