Menu

Do you and your kids need a handicraft idea?

Tami

I was just introduced to paper quilling, a neat handicraft around since Renaissance times. My dd absolutely adores this craft, and supplies are cheap. She has been making birthday and thank-you cards in all of her spare time!

Links and photos at my blog.

Enjoy!

Isn't it wonderful??

We received a kit as a gift two years ago and my dd9 has been making gifts ever since. We have found inexpensive "refill" supplies of paper for her at craft stores. I should really photograph some of her work and post it on my blog...she often makes fun things for my dh and I as gifts...I have a mermaid and he has a cute "cebu" and a bunch of miniature fuits and veggies. Her tropical fish are fantastic as well. Our original kit came with an idea book which she works from. This has been helpful for her to get started....

Enjoy!! Glad to hear about someone else who enjoys paper quilling!

My 11yo ds actually learned to knit along with his sister, and he enjoys it. Since he obviously isn't knitting himself socks or hats, he has made himself juggling balls, and he's made me dischloths and toys for his younger siblings. He also loves to do origami - those precise folds are somewhat scientific. Again, he doesn't fold flowers or "girly" things, but he does make miniature containers, houses, boats, animals, etc. He has done some whittling, although that's not something he can do when we are reading inside, obviously. He likes electronic snap circuit kits. That's all I can think of at the moment; it is tougher with boys, definitely!