Menu

WWYD? DS 'politely' accused of taking toys from someone's house (sorry, long)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your points are VERY WELL MADE -- very well made. Truly. That being said, though, I am not sure what I could have done differently to deal with this, KWIM?

ETA: I've highlighted in red: again, your point is very well made - BUT, without any indication from the mom that what is highlighted in red is even on the radar here, well, I am at a loss; -- given the information that I was given (and nothing was mentioned regarding extenuating circumstances) I was as 'accomodating' as I was able to be. Not being snarky at all; I would like to think that IF what is in red WAS a likelihood or possibility (and the mom certainly does not have to share that with me), then my response was accomodating enough to include that. When all is said and done, I cannot produce something that I do not have, kwim?

If you don't know, you can't do anything. :001_smile: I was just offering another perspective because it seemed like a lot of assumptions were being made (that's what humans do) and I wanted to offer an alternative interpretation.

Her reaction of turning around and walking out, etc. makes me think that she found the all-important Lego man and car--probably long ago--and is embarrassed. She doesn't know how to say that it was all a mistake.
I would agree, unless my alternative interpretation (give in an earlier post today) is true. She might just be plain old embarrassed. BTDT. If I had a quarter for every time autism-spectrum behavior has made my family life look bizarre to outsiders, I'd have my aspie son's college fund.

Absolutely. She's bolting before anyone can ask, "Say, did that lego fella ever turn up?" and she's forced to either flat out lie or say, "Um, yeah, it was under the dryer (or in the doghouse, or in bad boy's pocket, or under the bath rug, or.......)."

'cause then she might have to actually apologize.

I think you're making some assumptions about this woman's reality. You might very well be right. But maybe not. I try to avoid making assumptions whenever I can because I need others to do the same for me and my family, kwim?