Menu

When have your boys outgrown Playmobil?

My 10 yo ds still loves to play with Playmobil, and after a recent playdate(thank you, nestof3!), he's decided that he needs more sets. Particularly sets with cannons. He doesn't have an exorbitant amount, and I think they are great toys for inspiring creativity and acting out history lessons. However, I'm wondering if this is late in the game to be investing in new sets. What's been your experience with boys and Playmobil? Anyone have a boy who has played with them 'til, say, age 12?

Caroline

Well Ds is turning 11 in 1 week and jsut got a new playmobil set last week. He loves them and has dreams of many more sets. Some of his ps friends have moved on from all toys and only want video games, but we get together with other homeschoolers still have have playmobil "parties" were teh kids can all play together and have a great time. I am sure my ds will still like playmobil at 13 if his ps friends don't disuade him.

My ds (11) loves his Legos and Playmobil. I don't think they ever really outgrow them. My ds does go through phases though. Months on end when he doesn't touch them and all of sudden he pulls them out and they are the greatest thing ever.

This is good to know! My ds is turning 5 and we are just now investing in some. He has a Fisher Price pirate ship so I got him a Playmobil pirate set, but now for his birthday I got him the knights that defend the castle or something. I'd LOVE to start investing in the Romans and other sets too. Thanks for confirming that these will be used for a long time to come!!:D