Menu

Has anyone ever had to open a dispute with Paypal.

My dd bought a sewing machine off ebay and received it on Friday. Due to the baby shower we gave my oldest dd yesterday, we were not able to test it until today. The ebay listing stated that it worked perfectly. The stitching is very uneven, especially the bottom thread. The automatic thread cutter, which is one of the key features on this machine and very much led my dd to choose this model, does not work. In fact, when you press it, it shakes the whole machine. I have contacted the seller and would like to return the machine. I feel her description was greatly misleading. There is a big difference between works perfect and a key feature on the machine not working. The listing did have Paypal protection. I just read the open dispute information on Paypal and it looks to be a drawn out process. Anyone have any experience with this and suggestions to make it easier. I feel bad because I encouraged my dd to bid on this. It was a good chunk of money.

Yes, I have filed. Paypal will have you send it back to the seller at your expense with delivery confirmation, and you will get a full refund of the original price and original shipping as soon as it is delivered to the seller assuming the seller has the funds still in paypal.

Hopefully you get your money back.

I bought some books from a lady on a different used curriculum board a couple of years ago for $100. I never received the books and she would not answer emails from me or paypal. The only way you see your money is if they use paypal again then they will deduct it from their account, otherwise your out of luck. I never saw my money. I think there is some sort of protection when using ebay though but I am not sure, you will have to check. Make sure you write a comment on their profile when its all worked out. Hope things work out.

We did and it was terrible. We bought a laptop for a friend who was visiting from another country, to be exact - he bought it, but we did it for him on our eBay account through PayPal. The seller disappeared, took the money. It was such a hassle that PayPal closed our account because the whole story was to strange for them. The police said they don't have time for such cases (finding the seller that is, who took the money). :001_huh: The bottom line was: our friend lost his money, we lost Pay Pal account.