Menu

I can't wait any longer!

PollyOR

We usually start school when the ps school kids return but this year that is September 9th! That is ridiculously late in my opinion. We'll do school-lite until noon and then my kids can go play. Being adjacent to our small city park (we'll hear the kids playing) and then suffering through long wet soggy winters (don't play outside), it's hard to make my kids start school before everyone else.

Thanks for listening. :) :tongue_smilie:

My niece in FL started ps August 10th. Of course, that makes sense due to the hot weather. They might as well be in school since it's too hot and humid to be outside playing. We've been doing math, but the weather here (sunny, lower 80's) has been too nice to keep kiddos indoors.

We started the 17th, when my oldest started football. We are taking Wednesdays off, though, and a few days for dentist, opto appointments. So I figured an early start would make up for the missing days and not put us behind in the spring. My kids and I would prefer to be done earlier in the spring. Our schools here start the 31st.

The kids here usually go back before Labor day. We never start until the day after Labor day. We love it because then I take my daughter and go with other homeschooled kids to the amusement park, as all the kids are back in school.(The park stays open days until after Labor Day)

Most of the public schools in Georgia started in early August. We had planned to start last week, but someone very close to me died, so we did not. Then I decided that we might as well wait until after Labor Day since I have family coming up and have a lot I need to do before then. However, ds(10) informed me that he wants to start tomorrow because he wants to go to a college like Yale or Harvard and doesn't want to be behind. :lol: