Menu

We are starting school on Monday (good thoughts welcome)

:w00t: Monday is our first day.....I am taking the advice of many of you here, and we will start slowly (relatively speaking). On Monday, we will do Chemistry (science odyssey), assemble some notebooks, do something special :party: and fun, and that will be the end of our first day of school. I'm going with the 'keep them asking for more' approach the first few days.

We are going on vacation from 9/12 - 9/19 and the kids know that starting early means we get to go away for a week in a very short while.

We will be wearing uniforms (name of our school on the shirts), and I have learned that my kids (at least at the start - we'll see what happens) need our 'classroom' to look like a traditional school classroom - we may be able to tweak away from that as time goes on, but right now, it does have to look like 'school' for all three of them.

And for our non-traditional student, :drool5:, dd8 has been reading aloud to him since we adopted him; this makes me confident that he will be able to test out of First and Second Grade and do third grade work with the twins. I hope so......I have already spent a bundle on curriculum!:smilielol5: (I just crack myself up!)

So -- I have lots of loose ends to tie up, DH has walls that he has to finish painting, a couple of bookcases that have to be assembled; blessings to everyone for a great Friday and a great weekend (is this heat EVER going to break????!!!!!:svengo:)

Edited by MariannNOVA
typo

We'll have a week and one day of school, then take a 2 week vacation!

Sounds Goofy, Huh? We crunched the numbers, and realized we would have to give up some holiday time in order to do everything this year. It seemed least painful to give up the last week of the summer vacation!

Anyway: best wishes!

Know that you're not alone. At 0700 on Monday, the Conley's will shuffle into the kitchen, pick up their breakfast sandwiches, and huddle in the family room reading their History and Literature for an hour. At 0800 the real action begins.

We're stoked. It's time for a change of pace.

Just finishing the first week here. We started with math, spelling, vocab, reading and art for one kiddo............Math, biology, and reading for the other. My little man picked up where we left off with some review in math and reading. We will layer in some more history and science next week to prepare for our co-op on the 1st. I have always enjoyed sliding into school this way. The days start out shorter and get us into the groove, then we just add a little each week until we are doing everything we need. I bet your week will be awesome. Remember to relax and use this week to work out the bugs and have fun. Good luck. Ruby