Menu

Care to share any great changes you have done for this year???!!!

butterfly113

Everyone is so much happier this year. I love the Calvert K and feel it's the best K program my money could buy. The second grade is very good- a challenge without being overwhelming. I'm glad to be done with drill and kill workbooks, and with confusion about how to arrange, plan, a CM education. We've been At it for 6 weeks now and Calvert has proven itself in the critical thinking dept.

We are done school by noon and I am a better teacher. So far I've resisted most of the urge to add too many extras to it!

White board on fridge: when a child is being uncooperative, sassy, rude to other child or me, etc., they have to put a tally mark on board. When they get to five tallies, they lose electronic privilages for the day.

Love this! I think my 9yo needs the visual. Thanks, AuntPol. :)

My middle schoolers are loving IEW SWI B. My oldest is doing more independant work and freeing me up to work with the younger ones. He is doing Saxon 8/7 with DIVE cd and Apologia General Science. Analytical Grammar has also been a big hit, he gets grammar now!

My oldest doing well with his independant work and being self motivated is a big change and a big accomplishment for our family.

We made the biggest change possible; we removed our son from the public school system.

We're into our third week. Since we have the opportunity we took a step back to fill gaps we thoght shouldn't be there. Through WWE and FLL etc he's learning to talk to us about topics instead of just filling in a workbook page. Going smooth, too smooth.

We made the biggest change possible; we removed our son from the public school system.

We're into our third week. Since we have the opportunity we took a step back to fill gaps we thoght shouldn't be there. Through WWE and FLL etc he's learning to talk to us about topics instead of just filling in a workbook page. Going smooth, too smooth.

Congrats Jim! Hope it's a wonderful first year for you and yours!:)

And btw, you've found the cream of the crop in FLL and WWE... imvho, of course.

This is the first year I am using a scheduled curriculum as is without adding more to make it "better" and then failing because I am overwhelmed with all the work to do.:party:

My dd(12) is doing the new HOD HFHTT and its excellent. I am so excited. We are doing Lightning Literature, Sheldon's Advanced Language Lessons, IEW SWI B and Moving with Math with it instead of their recommendations. I love that poetry, art, narration,notebooking and dictation for spelling are all included as well as history, bible and science.:thumbup: So far she loves it. My ds(5) is doing Mcruffy's K LA and Math which I absolutely love with HOD LHFHG. This year is looking good. ;)