Menu

I'm finally done shopping for curriculum!

HSMom2One

Except for some additional resource books for TOG that I will buy with each unit, I have finally completed my shopping for the year. We are using all new programs for 5th grade with the exception of LFC, which has been working out very well for us. Dd needed a change in LA especially, so we are taking a whole different approach. Also switching from MUS to TT. We don't start school until 09/14, so that is one reason I've waited until now to get this all pulled together.

Has anyone else gone to a whole different choice of curriculum this year? Is anyone still shopping?

Blessings,

Lucinda

It's a wonderful feeling.

I have two children, a 10 YO boy entering 5th Grade and a 13 YO girl entering 8th Grade. We're changing a few things, and keeping others.

MUS - keep, but adding Use It! Don't Lose It! daily Math drills.

Mosdos Literature - Keep

Grammar with a Giggle - replaces Grammar Workbooks

Writing intensive History, Literature and Science plan replaces Composition

Beautiful Feet History through Literature - Replaces former hodge-podge

Steck-Vauhn Science by the Grade Workbooks - Keep + augment

Adding Cambridge Latin to the daughter's line-up

Lots of enrichment unit studies planned in Government, Geography & Physics

We are starting Monday, and I am stoked!

We are starting Monday, and I am stoked!
I am stoked too! I hope that we stay stoked for many months, not just at the beginning. Once the newness wears off, it will be important to stay enthusiastic so the children will enjoy learning.

I teach part-time at a classical Christian school, and we have a saying that "Joy is not an option" in our teaching. I have thought long and hard about this, and realize that my attitude toward what I'm teaching makes all the difference in the world to my students at school as well as dd at home.

Today I am opening all the books, touching them and admiring them. What a great time of the year!

Blessings,

Lucinda

We completely changed our curriculum across the board and it is WONDERFUL!! We didn't have near as much fun last year (and we're only 3 weeks in to this year) but we did have many, many problems. I am SO excited to have found the AWESOME resources we're using!!

Good luck on your new school year!!!

That is encouraging, Christielee! I'm glad to hear from another mom that is taking the plunge too. It could be scary, but frankly I'm very ready for the changes and I know dd is too. Last year was good, but it could have been more stimulating. I think that our study of the ancient world with TOG and SOTW is going to be a wonderful experience.

Good luck to you too!

Blessings,

Lucinda