Menu

SYRWTL French resources ??

Jen500

We tried it on our own as well and the pronunciation was difficult. DD is in book 2 now (almost done) and is reading wonderfully. For speaking practice, we resorted to practicing with a friend who knows French. Sorry I couldn't offer more help. You could try a college student that can help with conversation maybe once a week. Perhaps a barter for a few good home cooked meals?

We tried it on our own as well and the pronunciation was difficult. DD is in book 2 now (almost done) and is reading wonderfully. For speaking practice, we resorted to practicing with a friend who knows French. Sorry I couldn't offer more help. You could try a college student that can help with conversation maybe once a week. Perhaps a barter for a few good home cooked meals?

We do practice quite a bit orally throughout the week. I was fluent in French about 20 years ago LOL. I think my dc need more written review, and I've been putting my own stuff together so far. Thanks for your input!

Do you have the CD-ROM? That has end-of-chapter tests that offer extra practice and can point up areas of difficulty.

My degree is in French, so we do some extra speaking practice in the car.

Laura

I just have the audio cd. Do you mean the Assessment pack? I had forgotten about it--it is so expensive so I didn't buy it with the texts and audios, but maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks!

I just have the audio cd. Do you mean the Assessment pack? I had forgotten about it--it is so expensive so I didn't buy it with the texts and audios, but maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks!

Galore Park has a sale about twice a year when the assessment packs are usually about half price.

Laura

Galore Park has a sale about twice a year when the assessment packs are usually about half price.

Laura

Thanks, Laura, I'll keep an eye on their website.

For now I ordered the Level 1 pack from the Book Depository, and I'm making some of my own practice worksheets. Bonjour les amis website has been fun and helpful also. http://www.learnalberta.ca/content/flbla/index.html