Menu

Tell me about your PEAH (parents educating at home) ID Card

I agree and have an HSLDA membership card. However, some retailers (such as Joann's) are requiring this card or a state teaching certificate for th educator discount. Yes, specifically requiring the PEAH card...and I'm currently on hold with Joann's corporate to ask if anything else would be accepted.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I agree and have an HSLDA membership card. However, some retailers (such as Joann's) are requiring this card or a state teaching certificate for th educator discount. Yes, specifically requiring the PEAH card...and I'm currently on hold with Joann's corporate to ask if anything else would be accepted.

I was in Joann's yesterday and the manager gave me the discount card with my HSLDA card. She invited me to the teacher's discount day on Saturday.

If you get the Joann's discount online, you only need to register with PEAH to have a special number generated through PEAH. There is no fee needed for this number. I've used the link before to get the Joann's discount through PEAH online.

http://www.peah.com/joann.php

Louise

I forget how I did this, but about a year ago, I was able to register with PEAH without getting a card for the specific purpose of doing the Joanne's teacher discount.

I forget exactly how I did it, but there was guidance for this somewhere within the PEAH website.

Update: Found it. You can get a free access code to use at the Joanne Fabric website. The info is here.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)
add link