Menu

Erector set replacement parts: anyone know where I can buy?

Hmmmm. Look what you've done--you've got my mechanical engineer husband started on a new project! He has a computer-controlled mill and is working on finding materials and making a CAD design now. I'll keep you posted if he comes up with a usable item! Are the colors very important to you? Are there any shapes other than the square (2.5 in by 2.5 in) and rectangle (1.5 in by 2.5 in.)?

Edited by AndyJoy

Hmmmm. Look what you've done--you've got my mechanical engineer husband started on a new project! He has a computer-controlled mill and is working on finding materials and making a CAD design now. I'll keep you posted if he comes up with a usable product! Are the colors very important to you? Are there any shapes other than the square (2.5 in by 2.5 in) and rectangle (1.5 in by 2.5 in.)?

It's actually a strip with rounded ends that has 8 holes and measures approx. 11 cm long and 15 mm wide. I can post a picture tomorrow.

Hmm. Can you measure how far the holes are spaced? Our long pieces are buried in the garage, so we don't have one to compare to at the moment. Based on the pieces we do have on hand, however, the holes' centers should be 1/2 in. apart. Is this true for your piece or do you possibly have a different size than we do?

Hmm. Can you measure how far the holes are spaced? Our long pieces are buried in the garage, so we don't have one to compare to at the moment. Based on the pieces we do have on hand, however, the holes' centers should be 1/2 in. apart. Is this true for your piece or do you possibly have a different size than we do?

The holes are 5/8th inch apart. These are flexible pieces which are meant to bend, but don't really bend well.

I broke down and bought some taupe colored craft foam and made my own for my son to use.

You can see it here:

http://www.erector-sets.net/detail.htm?ProductID=ERE831523