Menu

Getting ready to do a major purge ...

I am trying to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of. My daughter and I have accumulated way too much stuff and she agrees it is time to get rid of some stuff and try to simplify our lives.

Where do I start? What is worth keeping?

wait for a day when you're good an angry about something.....pick up the broom, dust pan and garbage bag and start flinging.

IMO it's somehow it's easier to purge when my mind is distracted emotionally on other stuff. :001_smile:

Yesterday, I flung, flung, flung.

I like the 3 bags rule; (BLACK BAGS that you can't see through!!)

Throw Away

Put Away

Give Away

I am going to take all of my childrens baby clothes and make 5 quilts with the fabric added to them - one for each child. That is a good way to keep the baby clothes (and old baby blankets etc) and they will have fun remembering what the different fabrics are from - I hope :001_smile:

I am trying to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of. My daughter and I have accumulated way too much stuff and she agrees it is time to get rid of some stuff and try to simplify our lives.

Where do I start? What is worth keeping?

Start with a good breakfast, strong coffee and heart puimping music. Keep the daughter :tongue_smilie:

Start with a good breakfast, strong coffee and heart puimping music. Keep the daughter :tongue_smilie:

:lol: Love this advice.

I'm purging today too. Keep what you love & what you use. All the rest is just extra.

I find the book "It's All Too Much" very motivating & helpful. (Get it from the library, though, so you don't add more stuff by buying it. LOL.)