Menu

Voice lessons??

HollyDay

When I've had voice lessons, they've always been through a contact at an area university.

If you live too far to go visit weekly, often the instructor can give you enough to work on for monthly appointments. (Though, obviously, the best way is weekly.)

Voice students are often good instructors, however, if your dd hasn't gone through puberty yet, you really want someone with experience with young voices. If your dd is an older teen, a voice student will probably be fine.

Often music stores have lists of possible teachers to contact--for guitar, trumpet, wind instruments, voice. It might be worth seeing if any of them have or know of voice teachers.

I was going to say highschool choir teachers, as well, also elementary/junior high choir teachers often give voice lessons.

My dd took voice for a year from a pastor's wife that gives piano and voice lessons, but she didn't mandate being her religion for her to teach you! If she had an opening, she would gladly fit a child in who wanted to learn!