Menu

Pre-packaged diet foods store bought vs. order from company type

um, this might not be the answer you were looking for but... nothing, they're all rubbish, full of not-food ingredients and do absolutely nothing to change your eating habits other than make you dependent on their prepackaged meals.

Sorry.

(And ordering from the company locks you into the prices they choose to offer, rather than being able to hit sales, use coupons, etc.)

um, this might not be the answer you were looking for but... nothing, they're all rubbish, full of not-food ingredients and do absolutely nothing to change your eating habits other than make you dependent on their prepackaged meals.

Sorry.

(And ordering from the company locks you into the prices they choose to offer, rather than being able to hit sales, use coupons, etc.)

Its funny you wrote that. All I could think of how much better home cooked food is.

I think the difference is convenience. It is delivered to your house. Or you order in advance and it is packed and ready for you. And it includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have thought about it once or twice but when I see the price I quickly change my mind.

Its funny you wrote that. All I could think of how much better home cooked food is.

I think the difference is convenience. It is delivered to your house. Or you order in advance and it is packed and ready for you. And it includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have thought about it once or twice but when I see the price I quickly change my mind.

And portion size. It is good for retraining how much you consider a serving to be.

To answer the first question, I don't believe there is any difference.

Probably nothing. I often wondered that myself, but I guess if you break it down it's just as expensive buying frozen meals as opposed to Nutrisystems, et al.

Of course we all know it's not the healthiest way to lost weight in the long haul (before you get bombarded with like-minded comments), but sometimes we just need a little structure to get going.

Blessings,

Lisa

If I were to want to be on vacation from cooking (and I like to cook, but I still have those moments when I go quick & dirty... just not prepared food), I'd either plan ahead and put meals into the freezer or I'd pick up frozen meals on sale (I'd probably go with Amy's or some of the ethnic foods at the health food store, though, sale or not.)

I'm pretty sure (unless they've changed it) Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem require a sign up, then you buy food.