Menu

Blogger ?'s for Weekly Reporters...

Aloha2U

I'm getting ready to delete or archive all of our blog posts from last year before we begin our new school year. I'm thinking of printing out all of our weekly reports from last year and keeping them in a binder with ds's other work, etc.

Does anyone else do this? What do you do?

:lurk5:

I'd keep a copy for myself, even if it was just for a fun memory.

But if you don't mind my asking. Is there an advantage to deleting them? Does blogger have a max storage space amount? The reason I'm asking is I love reading through blogs. So many times I've found wonderful help (links, ideas, projects ect.) in older posts. I'm also thinking of setting up another homeschool blog (I don't like homeschool bloggers interface) but I'll host my own if blogger is restrictive in size.

But if you don't mind my asking. Is there an advantage to deleting them? Does blogger have a max storage space amount? The reason I'm asking is I love reading through blogs. So many times I've found wonderful help (links, ideas, projects ect.) in older posts. I'm also thinking of setting up another homeschool blog (I don't like homeschool bloggers interface) but I'll host my own if blogger is restrictive in size.

Hmmm, I don't know about blogger having a max storage space... I guess I was really just thinking about decluttering. Ok, so perhaps I'll just leave last year's posts alone, but I am still considering printing out the weekly reports. Doesn't anyone else do this or am I the only silly one? :tongue_smilie: I suppose it would be easier (definitely less time consuming) in the future to print them out right after I've posted them.

Do you know if homeschoolblogger will keep your other one up if you switch? I have considered switching just because I can't seem to figure out how to change things around to make it more my own. I have heard that other sites are easier to change around. I just don't want to lose my blog if I don't post to it any more.

Do you know if homeschoolblogger will keep your other one up if you switch? I have considered switching just because I can't seem to figure out how to change things around to make it more my own. I have heard that other sites are easier to change around. I just don't want to lose my blog if I don't post to it any more.

I know they do a purge each year and if you don't have a current email addy they will delete it. But I don't post on my blog there very often. You could do a few things. You can copy/paste your posts onto a new blog. Or you can set it to display ALL your posts on one page, then use your browser to save the page as a web file. I do this now and then to "back up" my site. I know that homestead/homeschool blogger says they are upgrading their systems to a nicer interface. But they have been saying that for over a year I think....

I like the community setting there, but they haven't kept up with the other blogging sites.