Menu

Vegetarian recipes with no tomatoes or bell peppers?

Here's a good list of Alkaline/Acid foods I found:

http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_of_alkaline_foods.php

Stir fry with brown rice and a lot of veggies. Asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cucumber mix.

For a more asian stir fry, cabbage, carrots, onions.

If you fry your stir fry up in coconut oil, it gives it a different taste. It also gives chicken an interesting different taste. (I like it, some don't.)

Summer is a great time for fruits, you can just eat them plain.

If you want to make a dessert with them, you can make a cobbler, use oat flour or spelt flour and honey or agave nectar if you're avoiding sugar.

I eat for dinner and lunch sometimes pancakes (oat flour and millet flour usually, I can have a bit of wheat occasionally but save it for pizza) with Sunbutter, real maple syrup on top.

In Israel, they served a hummus pita thingy that I loved. It had breaded chicken, but you could make it with just veggies or a tiny bit of chicken pieces. The hummus was slathered on, then there were chopped pieces of veggies marinated in oil and vinegar that were added, they had little buckets full of different veggies, you picked your favorites. You could make or find a spelt flour pita, I see that spelt is allowed.

Sunbutter is really yummy! You could eat it on celery sticks for a nice snack. I also eat it plain sometimes.

You can add a little rice milk to avocado and use it on a sandwich or in a salad as a spread/dressing.

If game meats are allowed, I liked quail, buffalo steak, guinea fowl, and squab (pigeon) the best. (Pigeon sounds bad but tastes pretty good. Partridge sounded good but tasted really bad.) I ordered from exotic meats online. These are all fairly low fat meats, the buffalo a bit more fatty than the others but not bad at all.

Red lentils can be found at a mexican grocery or some health food stores. They taste pretty good and cook fairly quickly and are pretty low maintenance. The regular black/brown ones are pretty yucky, in my book.

You can serve lentils with some veggies cut up on top or on the side.

You could also cube up some pumpkin and make a stir fry type meal with it, cook it in the oven first and then lightly fry it with some veggies.

Here's a website I really like :

Meatless Monday

And this one, which has heaps of Asian recipes, not all vegetarian, but just click on a country, then on "Vegetarian":

Asia Recipe

Also, if you can find a hefty Middle Eastern cookbook, you'll get lots of great vegetarian recipes, including lots without tomatoes or peppers.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. :)

Sunbutter is really yummy! You could eat it on celery sticks for a nice snack. I also eat it plain sometimes.
I forgot to mention that I currently cannot digest raw foods and I am limited in fruit. Only apples and berries as they are lower in sugar. Is Sunbutter made from sunflower seeds? I'll look into it. I can't have most nuts as there is too much mold involved.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. :) I forgot to mention that I currently cannot digest raw foods and I am limited in fruit. Only apples and berries as they are lower in sugar. Is Sunbutter made from sunflower seeds? I'll look into it. I can't have most nuts as there is too much mold involved.

Yes, sunbutter is made from sunflower seeds. One of the few yummy things I could eat when I was really restricted for a while.

Yes, sunbutter is made from sunflower seeds. One of the few yummy things I could eat when I was really restricted for a while.
Thanks! I love peanut butter, so I will look into it!

I plan to get some spelt and make some muffins too! I am glad to have a little more to eat than I planned. I was thinking brown rice and green beans would be everyday staples. :tongue_smilie: