Menu

WTM Postcard Exchange - Anybody Still Participating?

Please forgive me if this sounds winey...but I have to check in on this project now that summer is quickly coming to an end.

Earlier this spring my dd and I signed up for the WTM postcard exchange that was to take place through the spring and summer. Within a month we had purchased all of our postcards, spent time composing the messages and getting them ready, and then we purchased the postage and sent them off to everyone on the list. It was a special project that we were looking forward to.

Dd watched patiently for postcards to come back to us, and a fairly small number did trickle in bit by bit -- but I have to say we have really been disappointed. It is now nearly the end of summer and I would estimate that we have received a total of maybe ten postcards from other participants. DD and I had planned to create an album with all of the postcards, but we really don't have enough to do that.

If you are one of the well-meaning people that signed up for this exchange, but got busy over the summer months and forgot -- please know that it is not too late. There is still at least one little girl in Oregon that would love to hear from you. The original list had my name on it, but these postcards are really for my daughter, Bettie.

Anyone else feel the way we do?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda,

I sent off many postcards, but I honestly don't know if I sent one to your home or not. :confused: I have lost the list, and part of the list would not print properly for me, so there were a few people I wasn't able to send cards to. I think I sent out about 15+ cards.

I do have more postcards though, so if you want to PM me your addy I will get one out to Bettie asap. ;)

ETA: I just counted our postcards and we received eleven, one just arrived recently.

Edited by Melissa in CA

We signed up too. Our name wasn't on the original list that went out, and I never did get an updated one. Obviously some people did because we got 10 cards. But I assumed that not everyone got our address. They all came in a rush and then we haven't had anything since.

We sent at least 20 cards out to people. I probably should have carried on but it's discouraging to send so many and get so few in response, particularly when every one we send is overseas postage rates.

I'm sorry to make anyone feel ashamed....the exchange was such a great idea and if everyone did it the way it was intended all of our kids would have loved it. Don't you think? I just know that when summer activities commence, some of the best intentions get pushed aside.

:001_huh: And I have to admit, I just found the three last postcards that I was supposed to have mail two months ago. I thought I'd sent them already! So I'm no better than anyone else.

I guess this is just a gentle reminder that if you still want to, and if you still have a list, its not too late to finish your mailings.:)

Blessings,

Lucinda

UG. I just found another page of addresses, and a couple of people on it whom we received postcards from. I'll do another batch.

Lucinda, you did receive one from us didn't you?

I believe we did - and I think one of the missing cards I just found was for you as well. See? Still not too late!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I believe we did - and I think one of the missing cards I just found was for you as well. See? Still not too late!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda, I'm sure we have received one from you already. Positive.

We experienced the same thing. We mailed all our postcards, but only received about 15. There were 34 names on the list. We loved the postcards we received though! Ds mapped them all.

We Google mapped the ones we got, it was fun.