Menu

TOG and writing programs

HSMom2One

I am going to be using TOG for the very first time this year and will begin with Yr 1. I have purchased the Writing Aids package, and I also own a copy of Writing Strands that we've never used.

Has anyone ever combined both writing programs while doing TOG? I'm curious as to whether it would be too much writing, or maybe add a nice variety to the mix. I'd love to hear your suggestions.

:bigear:

Blessings,

Lucinda

I think it would add a nice variety to the mix. I have several writing programs, and what we usually do is wing it LOL... seriously! If you have a busy week and can't swing the TOG writing lesson, or if they're covering something that you've already done, then that's when I'd whip out the other program and do that that week. I would not try to do both within one week, I'd just judge what we feel up for as the weeks come. Just my two cents... keep in mind that I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl! ;) This does not stress me out, and in fact, I sometimes wish it did! :lol:

That is great to know. Until we actually get started, seeing and feeling how this all works, it would be hard for me to know. Can't wait to get started! Our fist official day of school for 2009-2010 will be September 14th.

Blessings,

Lucinda