Menu

Buying multiple used books online

LAmom

Hi-- Besides the obvious places like Amazon, half.com, bookfinder, etc...does anyone know of a used book store online that has a HUGE selection of books but only charges one shipping price? I have a list of books that I would like to get, but don't want to pay 3.99 per book! I also would like the books used (unless the new price is cheap!!).

Thanks so much!

BetterWorld also lists on amazon, etc, btw. I've been pleased with things I've gotten from them, but they don't necessarily have everything I want to make it a place I search, kwim?

When I search, I do bookfinder, alibris, and amazon. Alibris will let you combine shipping. I got burnt with that once, with an IDIOT vendor who packaged a whole bunch of Dr. Doolittle oop books in PAPER, absolute paper, even though the postage I paid, even combined, was enough for better shipping. The post office machinery tore it up, and all I got was scraps and an apology. Alibris made it right, but I was still terribly disgusted.

In other words, I'm leery of buying combined books again. It takes time, and you could get burnt. Have you tried paperbackswap? Besides that, you might do better to just hit your local used bookstores. You have to consider that it takes TIME to search the listings of a vendor on alibris, where an individual vendor may have thousands of books, just to combine and save a few bucks on shipping. Oh, and do you realize you can google and get an alibris coupon code, good for use over and over, on each and every book? That's an instant $1 off, just for googling. :)