Menu

Question 4U if you've used Saxon Math 6/5......

MariannNOVA

:confused: Thanks for taking the time to read this.

This may be the world's dumbest (DUH):001_huh: question, but I would love some input from anyone who has used Saxon 6/5 Math.

I purchased the Solutions Manual and the Student Text (they are great) - I have begun to do my lesson plans for DD10. Is it me, or do few individuals seem to purchase and use the "Teacher's Manual' for that level?

If I am correct in my observation, is the Teacher's Manual too pricey, not necessary? OR, is my observation just all wrong, and I should locate a Teacher's Manual here or on ebay or someplace?

Thanks --

Shoot, I didn't even know Saxon 6/5 HAD a teacher's manual! :D

I assumed all the instruction was in the text. Where did you find it, Mariann?

ETA--Ah, could it be you mean the tests/worksheets packet? That's the third component I've seen--and yes, I am going to purchase this. It does not contain instruction, tho.

No, really, an honest to goodness Teacher's Manual -- spiral, humongous, just like the Teacher's Manual that I purchased with the Saxon Math 3rd Grade Curriculum for my twins.

I went to the Saxon website, then I started looking on homeschooling websites that re-sell books - they are not inexpensive, but I am reluctant to do Math without a Teacher's Manual at that level --- actually, at any level past Kindergarten! :D

No, really, an honest to goodness Teacher's Manual -- spiral, humongous, just like the Teacher's Manual that I purchased with the Saxon Math 3rd Grade Curriculum for my twins.

I believe that 3rd grade is the last year that Saxon has a scripted teacher's manual for the homeschool market.