Menu

Paperback Swap...

What happens after the "mail by" date? It's my 1st request, so I'm not sure if I've got bad luck, or if I'm reading it wrong.

The request has the date requested, the date to be mailed by, & the date the wrapper was printed. The last 2 were yesterday.

To me, that looks like the person is late such that she won't get her points for sending me the books, which makes me wonder--will she still bother? And if so, why? I mean...I'd feel bad for her to send a book & get nothing for it, kwim?

What happens after the "mail by" date? It's my 1st request, so I'm not sure if I've got bad luck, or if I'm reading it wrong.

The request has the date requested, the date to be mailed by, & the date the wrapper was printed. The last 2 were yesterday.

To me, that looks like the person is late such that she won't get her points for sending me the books, which makes me wonder--will she still bother? And if so, why? I mean...I'd feel bad for her to send a book & get nothing for it, kwim?

I've been having a string of bad luck lately with paperbackswap. Four or five books that I requested were canceled. Most of the time, I got an email from PBS saying that they had not received any confirmation from the requested member and they were canceling the order. Once I got a message from the member saying they couldn't find the book and had to cancel. I'd wait a day or so and see if you get an email from PBS. In my transaction archive there was a listing of the book I had requested and a box to check whether I received the book or not (in case the member did mail it but didn't check that they had). So if you do end up receiving the book, go to your transaction archive and check that you got it.

Sometimes they mail it and forget to mark it mailed. If they wait too long, PBS will send an email telling you that it has been canceled. If the person did actually send the book, you can go into your transaction archive and mark it received after you get it. Also, if the credit was returned to you when the request was canceled, which it should have been, you can still send them a credit for the book. You just click on their name and there is a button for give credits.

Edited by hsmom3tn
correction

I've had a couple that I've sent out and forgot to mark mailed. I still had 2 days after the deadline to mail to mark it mailed, and I was ok.

P.S. thanks for reminding me to mark my book mailed! :-)

Sometimes they mail it and forget to mark it mailed. If they wait too long, PBS will send an email telling you that it has been canceled. If the person did actually send the book, you can go into your transaction archive and mark it mailed. Also, if the credit was returned to you when the request was canceled, which it should have been, you can still send them a credit for the book. You just click on their name and there is a button for give credits.

The problem that can occur with this is that if there's another book in the system, your request will get rolled over to the next person, and if the first person did really send the book, you could end up with two copies. So you may want to send the person a PM and ask if it did get sent.

The problem that can occur with this is that if there's another book in the system, your request will get rolled over to the next person, and if the first person did really send the book, you could end up with two copies. So you may want to send the person a PM and ask if it did get sent.

Nope, this is a rare oop. I just got an email that it was mailed, though. I'm SO excited about this particular book--I've been looking for it for years.