Menu

Can you create playlists in mp3 players?

Are there any mp3 players that allow you to create playlists in the player, or do you always have to do it through itunes, wmp, etc.?

Yes, I'm still researching these things, lol. I want to spend around $100, have 8-16 gb memory, have the resume function that comes with podcasts, and be able to create playlists in the unit. Do Apple units allow you to do that? I strongly prefer the Sony, because it skips itunes (hate this, slow and annoying on my aged computer), has better sound, and doesn't use that obnoxious round control thing, but it doesn't do internal playlists, have to use WMP. If I could afford an i-touch, I'd be all for it. But the Nano's and whatnot I'm not in love with. I just don't know if I can get the playlist capability and the podcast thing (for doing audio books) in one unit. I decided the Audible books playback is optional. Nice, but not a dealbreaker. Any thoughts? I didn't even realize these playlists were an issue, just assumed the machines would do it. Then, in reading reviews, I found out Sony's don't. So then I need to know if apples do or not. What a mess! I just assumed that was a logical thing to be able to do. But I want the moon I guess. :)

Edited by OhElizabeth

My Creative Zen Vision M mp3 is ancient by mp3 standards . . . 3 years old and still works beautifully and I use it virtually everyday. It's quite big though (compared to modern day mp3's :)) and so I have a tiny creative stone that I use for running.

I am really happy with my Creative products.

My Creative Zen Vision M mp3 is ancient by mp3 standards . . . 3 years old and still works beautifully and I use it virtually everyday. It's quite big though (compared to modern day mp3's :)) and so I have a tiny creative stone that I use for running.

I am really happy with my Creative products.

:iagree:

I'm super happy with my Zen Vision M too!

I spent some time researching and the only thing the Ipod wins on is size. My ZVM has 30 G storage, great sound quality, playlists, FM radio, equalizers, and a darn good 2.5 inch 262,000 color screen (480x 272) for watching movies. Ipod is 320 x 240, and only displays 65,000 colors. You can rate your songs and have it give you a randomized list of your favorites etc. You can resume or set a bookmark. Has an AV out so you can hook it up to a TV for sharing your movies and photos. Even create your own photo sideshow.

I got it used on ebay for way under $100 and it's been dependable for years. My biggest complaint is the Creative software, so I just don't use it most of the time. Usually it's just drag & drop.

My kids have the tiny little Zen Stones, but I don't mind the bigger sized one at all. In fact, I like the ZVM so well that I recently got a used Zen Vision W on ebay for well under $100- it's the one with a bigger 4.3 inch screen. It's the same size as my kids' Nintendo DS, but the bigger screen is so nice. Now I can watch a movie while I'm waiting anywhere. :D

I'm just putting in another word for Creative. Dh has had his Zen for 4 years with no complaints. It is "big" by today's standards, but unless you're 16 that's not that much of an issue.:D He loves to mock my I-pod mini because he got more bang for his buck.